MATERIAL S3 Racing
Metal-ceramic friction material designed for friction on dry and wet
conditions is produced applying advanced powder metallurgy method,
which is a leader on sintered process field. Metal-ceramic material,
S3, is a bronze-graphite friction material designed for wet friction
applications. Coarser non-metallic friction additives are spread
evenly in the base fine bronze body.
- Very high static friction coefficient.
- Minimal difference between wet and dry braking performance.
- Good abrasive resistance.
- High braking power to 450° C. (Max. 800° C)
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material.
- longer life compared to organic and kevlar composite materials.
Range of Application
the material is suitable for dry and wet conditions for road/and off-road
motorcycles; in road motorcycle application suited both for front/and
rear brake while for off-roads we are recommending to use it for
MATERIAL OPERATING PARAMETERS:
Specific pressure: p < 3.0 Mpa
Sliding speed: V < 45 m.s-1
Constant maximum temp.: 450°C
Short time maximum temp.: 800°C
- Replacement of brake pads should be done in dry clean conditions.
If the friction material Comes into contact with oil or brake fluid
and the liquid soaks into the pores of the friction Material, a catastrophic
fall in friction coefficient (braking performance) could occur.
- Braking performance is significantly influenced by the quality
of the braking surface of the Disc rotor, by the age and quality
of the brake
fluid, and by the correct choice of Complementary friction pad material.